Horsham Calisthenics College
Statement of Commitment to Child Safety
Horsham Calisthenics College recognise that Children need special care and attention; and are committed to the protection and safety of Children.
Horsham Calisthenics College aims to protect the welfare of Children involved in the sport of calisthenics by creating, implementing and complying with the following measures.
In recognising the need for an emphasis to be placed on the safety of Children in Calisthenics, Horsham Calisthenics College are committed to:
- Ensuring the safety and wellbeing of Children who participate in Horsham Calisthenics College activities and ensuring that their experiences within the calisthenics club are positive.
- Ensuring Children are empowered and know what behaviour is and is not acceptable.
- Ensuring Children know how to report (and where to report) an incident and feel empowered to do so if they are either subject to, or become aware of, potential abuse or misconduct.
- Prioritising and addressing the concerns of Children in relation to their safety.
- Undertaking thorough screening processes to reduce the risk of people with improper motives being involved in Horsham Calisthenics College activities.
- Communicating openly with parents of Children and always ensuring safety of Children is paramount.
- Remaining vigilant to ensure best practice standards in relation to Child safety are utilised in delivering Horsham Calisthenics College services and activities.
Horsham Calisthenics College will, in addition to the above, also take reasonable steps to promote the cultural safety of Aboriginal Children and Children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds as well as promoting the safety of Children with a disability.
Horsham Calisthenics College is Committed to the Child Safe Standards and has adopted the Calisthenics Victoria Incorporated Child Safe Policy and the Australian Calisthenic Federation National Member Protection Policy.
Horsham Calisthenics College Child Safe Officer is Kylie Hermans, Principal Coach.
Please click on the following link to read the:
Calisthenics Victoria Incorporated Child Safe Policy
Australian Calisthenic Federation National Member Protection Policy
Contact us with any enquiries.